Frequently Asked Questions

You asked, we answered …

Have Any Questions?


10+2 with Physics and Mathematics from government recognized Board / University.

Yes. You would have to clear Physics and Mathematics Exam through NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling) by applying for on demand paper. 

17 Years to start the training and 18 Years for issuance of CPL.  

DGCA has not recommended any minimum height requirement.

There is no Minimum Percentage required by DGCA. 

No. Admissions are open throughout the year hence no entrance exam required.

DGCA (Directorate General of Civil Aviation) has the sole authority to issue Commercial Pilot License in India.

CPL has following subjects which needs to be cleared: Conducted by DGCA
  • Technical General / Specific
  • Air Regulation
  • Meteorology
  • Air Navigation
Apart from above exams, one more is conducted by WPS (Wireless Planning Co-ordination Wing of Ministry of Communication and I.T.)
  • RTR(A) Radio Telephony Restricted to Aeronautical Mobile Service (Indian)

DGCA conducts exam every 3 months and WPC every 2 months

PPL (Private Pilot License) is obtained for hobby flying and CPL (Commercial Pilot License) is obtained to become a Pilot in a Commercial Airlines. 

Yes. As per DGCA requirement, as long as you have 6/6 vision with glasses or Lens.

Ground classes: 3 Months and Flight training: 6 to 18 months (Depending on Location, Flying school and Type of Program chosen)

A Type-Rating is a regulating agency’s certification of an airplane pilot to fly a certain aircraft type that requires additional training beyond the scope of initial license and aircraft class rating.

185 Hours of Single Engine Aircraft and 15 Hours on Multi-Engine Aircraft.

Yes. In order to take Flight training outside the country, first you need to clear following DGCA exams: Navigation, Meteorology and Regulations. After this you may select any country or Flight School which provides Flight training as per DGCA guidelines. Upon finishing flight training outside, you are required to come back and clear conversion checks and flight tests In order to obtain the Commercial Pilot License.

Scroll to Top